Saturday, August 4, 2012

Olympic Fever

It has been fever indeed, as I watch the replays of the men’s and women’s team finals, and the men’s all around finals for artistic gymnastics. It’s much more fun watching the videos live, like I managed to do for the qualifying rounds, but I think I should be thankful enough that there are full replays on Youtube – which there weren’t just four years ago.

Just completed watching the men’s individual finals, and wow. I really loved how all the gymnasts congratulated Uchimura following his high bars and parallel bars routines, as he walked down the line of gymnasts back to his seat. It was also really cute how he checked out his gold medal on the podium, as if confirming it was real.

image

The medal was real indeed – it totally sealed Uchimura’s standing as the best in the world, and it’s the perfect addition to 3 consecutive World Championship gold medals. I really liked some of Nguyen’s routines too, and the fact that he has those mixed parentage good looks was a huge plus as well :)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com