Friday, September 16, 2011

Grouses

Yesterday was the second time a taxi driver conveniently rounded UP the fare. I don't know why he did it, it's unacceptable! If you don't have change, at least tell me right?

The driver was a little annoying too. I got on at Robertson Quay and he asked if I came from a party at Frasers. Er... the way I was dressed, with laptop in tow? Must be some really uncool party.

Next he asked me what my job was. And that led to question after probing question, despite my obviously evasive answers. He stopped asking about my job after a while - thank goodness for smart phones you can absorb yourself in - but still made some lame attempts at chatting after that. Urgh.

* * * * *

In other news, I'm swearing off buying clothes online.The latest item just arrived, and it's disappointing cos it looks nothing like what it did on the model, even after factoring in the differences in our figures. The cut isnt the same!

There's also always something lacking in the material quality in the things bought from local online shops - usually it's a little too thin, which I don't appreciate in work clothes. Even worse is that there's something not right about the cut of the clothes - I'd rather spend more on an item I can try on in the shops that fits perfectly. After all, there's no point wearing something unless it makes you look good rite?

ASOS however has some nice stuff. I've been complimented on clothes I've bought from there, and on things I've purchased in person, but not on things from local online shops. I think that's clear indication enough that I should stop buying!

* * * * *

Finally, just a comment on Straits Times.

Why does our local newspaper insist on restricting full articles to members only, when there are internationally renowned (a category which Straits Times certainly doesn't fall into) newspapers with free, unrestricted access to their articles for at least 3 days?

What is the rationale for restricting access to the full online article, and what does doing so achieve?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com