Saturday, December 24, 2011

Moving back…

My first post on my Tumblr was on 25th October – exactly 2 months later, I’m sort of moving back here.

The 2 months seemed like way longer actually – there’ve been lots of posts, and many things have happened between then and now. I didn’t expect it to be so short-lived either, although to be fair I’m not abandoning Tumblr totally. Tumblr is great for pictures, and there are people out there who post awesome stuff – I’m following them, and will continue to do so.

Unfortunately, while Tumblr has great design and some good features – I especially like the “post to Twitter” function - there are a few fundamental aspects about Tumblr which are lacking. First, I can’t even search among my posts. Searching based on the post content doesn’t work, while searching among the tags gives me ALL the posts by everyone with those tags. There’s no way to limit the search at all. Second, Tumblr is so exclusive and people have to join Tumblr before any form of interaction can take place – even then, it’s limited to ‘liking’ and ‘reblogging’. What happened to the very simple option of commenting on something? Third, there’s a throve of information on Tumblr, which isn’t really picked up by search engines – which is a pity cos there’s some great stuff out there.

For all those reasons, I think I’m moving back here. I’ll continue to post pictures etc on Tumblr, but I think I’ll do longer posts here. We shall see, at any rate! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, is there any particular group of readers that your blog targets?

starduest~ said...

Which blog, this one or Tumblr?

And I'm not sure what you're trying to find out with that question, but if you furnished a rationale I could probably better answer your question.

Thanks! And thanks for reading!

 
design by suckmylolly.com