Friday, December 30, 2011

Night shots with the Canon Powershot S95

Can I express how happy I am with my Canon Powershot S95?

Apart from the fact that it has some awesome effects (check out more photos here), it is absolutely great for taking night shots if you’re like me – lazy to bring a tripod, too clueless to operate manual settings and too weak to carry around a big bulky camera.

For example - Munich’s Glockenspiel in winter when it was already nearly dark:

IMG_0259

IMG_0261

This was when it was already pitch-black:

Munich Day 3 2011-11-08 089

See how beautifully the camera catches the available light from the surroundings?

Or take the Berlin Bundestag at night, taken with only my hands held up in front of my face:

Berlin Day 2 2011-11-15 053

Berlin Day 2 2011-11-15 054

Berlin, by the way, is a very poorly lit city. To give an idea – below you see just one dim (trust me, it was) street lamp; there are no others nearby. Yet the camera is able to pull out what little available light there is to brighten the entire image. And with so little noise as well!

Berlin Day 2 2011-11-15 055

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com