Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thoughts on Vietnam

IMG_0701

Beach in Da Nang, Vietnam, at Crowne Plaza Hotel.

My verdict on what little I have experienced of Vietnam in the past 6 days is that Vietnamese food isn't as bad as I have been led to believe by the beef pho and fresh spring rolls that I have had (in Singapore). That said, Vietnamese food is simply okay - its tastes do not excite me or leave me immensely satisfied, like other types of cuisine do.

Also, while Vietnam may have beautiful beaches and charming old towns like Hoi An, its urban areas are none too pleasant an experience. The roads are dangerous and noisy due to the numerous motorcycles, pavements are non-existent, and areas are in general crowded with people and vehicles.

I suppose that's life as it is in Vietnam, but I guess I'd prefer to holiday elsewhere...

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com