Friday, October 19, 2012

Mimosa


Two colleagues separately took it upon themselves to dig up notes of a meeting which they thought the boss was referring to in an attempt to be helpful.

I'm kinda amused, because they mistook silence for ignorance when it actually was an unwillingness (and an unnecessary action) to tell the boss that he was wrong (either that, or say that the notes did not accurately capture the discussion). 

It was also a little funny, as the notes they extracted were the wrong notes - the boss had referred to a dinner, not a meeting. Moreover, the meeting was of no direct relevance to us (which probably meant that they either hadn't read the notes or don't remember its contents).

It is also strange that they thought I wouldn't have relevant meeting minutes for an issue that I've been closely watching, to the extent that they separately spent time to dig up notes which I had actually already pulled out during the meeting itself.

Anyway. I'm sure they were trying to be helpful, and I know I have been overly sensitive today.

Here's to a burnt weekend after a relatively lull week. Definitely not the preferred way to spend my time.

Posted via Blogaway

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com