Saturday, August 24, 2013

Berry summer

It’s more accurately the end of summer, but I was feeling under the weather today and for some reason my mind turned to making sangria. A punnet of blueberries and blackberries later, I had made a mixing-bowlful of delicious sangria as well as some blackberry liquor that should be ready in about 2 weeks.

IMG_20130824_085838 IMG_20130824_050946

I really like the taste of the sangria, although the alcohol is a bit strong and I might add more juice or mixer the next time I make this. The basic ingredients were 1 bottle of red wine, 2 cups of orange and raspberry juice, 2 shots of southern comfort, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 oranges, two handfulls of chopped blueberries and blackberries and pineapple soda ice cubes.

It’s so easy and tastes like summer!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com