Sunday, August 25, 2013

The end of a season

Today has been so surreal.

From driving down south in good spirits to having a pre-match carvery, to having a great first quarter before all went crumbling to bits and ending in a Tyrone defeat to Mayo, to being more upset than I thought I would be (I mean, it's not even my county and the lads seemed less upset than I was), to cheering up over tea and biscuits on K's couch, to getting misdirected by the sat-nav which brought us on a detour to avoid the toll only to have us rejoin the motorway at the toll, to being back up North on very dark motorway-like roads with not a car in sight and the lowest and yellowest moon ever hanging there in the distance just out of reach, to finally reaching home absolutely knackered from sitting most of the day.

The Gaelic football season for Tyrone has ended - for me it lasted all of 3 weeks but it seemed like a bit longer..

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com