Tuesday, September 28, 2010

new beginnings

today was my second day at The Office, and as it stands i’m glad to have left JET behind me and moved on. I havent had any real work yet - “we’ll give you a few days to settle in” – but there are still things to do, so while I havent been busy I have certainly been occupied.

My computer has been giving me problems though – i really am cursed with technology, as no one else has encountered this problem – and believe me, the most boring thing you can possibly do is stand behind the IT guy watching him try to set up or fix your computer.

I have also discovered that in the UK – or perhaps most of Europe too – typical working hours are 8-4, 9-5 or 10-6. Compare that to my 9-6.30 work day, not including the additional hours of overtime! It works out to one full day’s work per week that we Singaporeans do compared to the Europeans; I’m jealous of The Boy who gets to work less yet earn more.

However, things will be exciting at The Office – though a little scary too – with an upcoming trip in October. It turns out that there won’t be much hand-holding on this one, so some things will be more or less in my hands!

Stay tuned for more updates as they come… :)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com