Thursday, September 2, 2010

one of the best compliments

i just started a language exchange with Y, who’s in Singapore for 3 month to learn english before going back to Japan at the end of this month. She’ll be returning here to work next year though, but i’m happy to be able to hear some Japanese again.

Yesterday, more than halfway into our session:

Y: You remind of of a Japanese actress.

Me: Really? Who?

Y: Matsu Takako.

Me: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

For one, I think Matsu Takako is very pretty, in a sweet kind of way. I generally prefer the older actresses as they had more recognisable faces, and they were all beautiful in their own manner.

i havent seen many of Matsu Takako’s shows, but i remember, back in the day when the J-wave was in Singapore, being always very happy to see her pictures in magazines and the like cos she’s so pretty.

   

(super corny screen shot of Matsu Takako)

I know I look nothing like her – although Y claimed that there’s similarities between us when she dons spectacles for her role in Hero and that she sometimes sports a hairstyle similar to mine – but hey, since I was paid that compliment I’m going to bask in it. It’s not everyday that I remind someone of a really pretty actress! :)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com