Monday, December 6, 2010

Nivea Angel Star Soft Souffle – avoid!

When will i learn not to trust products that are attractively packaged? Especially when some internet work post-purchase reveals that the product is marketed at teens – and i’m well past that stage.

I was at Watsons hoping to buy some body cream as I’d decided that the aircon in The Office is doing too much damage to my skin. Nivea hasn’t let me down before, and when i saw this really pretty Angel Star Soft Souffle with raspberry scent that claimed to moisturise for 24 hours, I thought I had to give it a go.

I should have bought one of the really small samples available on hindsight, but there and then I thought, ‘How bad can Nivea’s products be?’. Well, there’s a first for everything, as this Angel Star Soft Souffle is quite a let down.

The scent is alright enough, though I think some might find it just a tad overwhelming. Its ‘youghurt-like consistency’ really means that to scoop it up you have to poke your finger into the cream, and that it’s thin, watery and glides over your skin.

I suppose this sort of cream works alright to retain moisture in one’s skin, but it does very little to actually moisturise parched, dry skin. The cream doesn’t seep in but instead sits as a layer – a greasy one – atop the skin, a quality which was my beef with the Vaseline Intensive Moisture Locking Lotion too. The cream also warmed my skin for about 10 minutes after application, which would be useful in colder climates but less so in Singapore.

My favourite Nivea product for dry skin is still the Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Cream below. It’s thick, rich consistency moisturises really well; too bad I didn’t notice it in the store today.

Oh well. At least the soft souffle smells nice?

NB: It’s been nearly 2 months since I made this review. The smell is milder now and after the first few applications, the cream no longer had that warming effect. My skin still isn’t as moisturised as I’d like it to be, but i suppose Nivea Angel Soft is a so-so product. I’d not condemn it, but wouldn’t recommend anyone buy it – would suggest they purchase the Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Cream instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nivea angel star is simply superb... sudha chennai India but it isn't easily available. find a shop nearby...

Anonymous said...

I like Nivea angel star too. No complaints....

Anonymous said...

My wife adores this product but can't buy it in the UK. Sent an e mail to Nivea but they have not replied to me

P H, Elgin, Scotland

 
design by suckmylolly.com