Saturday, October 8, 2011

Uniqlo + some test shots

I learned today that Uniqlo was really uncool about 10 years ago – not that Uniqlo is cool by any stretch, but it’s perfectly acceptable to wear the brand (and it’s great for basics), unlike in the past where people would be ashamed to admit that they’re wearing something from there.

*      *      *     *

In other news, I recently purchased a Canon Powershot s95. I’d decided that my old camera doesn’t quite cut it, and since I’ll never get a DSLR or one of those close-to-DSLR cameras (like the Canon G12 or Olympus Pen E-PL2) I should just get something that’s a higher-end point and shoot.

I’m not sure I like the results of the camera so far though, as the shots seem kinda blurry and grainy in general.

This one was taken with a “nostalgic effect”, which gave the picture a sepia tint – the longnan seeds are sharpish, but the rest are all grainy and blur:

IMG_0020

These are just some new shoes I bought – I’m done with cheap shoes from Mitju which fall apart after just a few wears. I think this was on the auto setting, for which I can’t select even the “macro” focus (the flower icon):

IMG_0037

Similarly, I took this on the auto setting. All things considered it probably turned out pretty well, as this corner of my room is rather dark. By the way, I’m looking to give away the entire set of the Wimpy Kid books, so let me know if you’re interested in having them.

IMG_0046

This was taken using the “vivid colours” setting, although the effect is quite close to what the actual colours were if seen with the human eye. For this setting, the “macro” option is not available either (i.e. auto focus) – the focal area is sharp, but I’m not sure I like the blurring to the sides. Is that even normal?

IMG_0055

Thoughts, anyone?

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com