Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Backbone

Wasn’t too happy today – perhaps I was being overly sensitive – when it was suggested that I walk all over my boyfriend and do not compromise just because I am opinionated, have a strong character and do not shy from expressing my opinions.

It was also said that I’m definitely more tempered when around him – “You meet only once in a while, of course you’ll be more tempered. Wait till you see him more often or every day! (then your true colours will show!)”

Ok, to say that I wasn’t too happy is an understatement. The above offends two people: me, for implying that I am the sort of person who treads all over my boyfriend, and him, for suggesting that he is the sort of spineless, useless man who lets his girlfriend trample all over him, his opinions, his feelings and his pride.

As if I would ever – EVER – be with a guy like that?

No man of mine will be in want of a backbone, for I’ll have little to do with men I can’t respect.

Plus, there was a time when we did see each other every day, or nearly every day – and that lasted for more than a year. I think he has had ample time to see my “true colours”, and they are certainly not anything like what was suggested.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com