Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rabbit food

I ate too much today – again – and the first thought that came to mind was that I should eat grass for the next few days, especially with Chinese New Year coming up.

Then it occurred to me that grass was precisely what I had this afternoon for lunch, and it kinda screwed up my eating pattern cos I was hungry before 6pm.

The grass was, more precisely, salad from The Salad Shop*. I feel somewhat guilty that I’m dissing the place despite my colleague being so kind as to help us get lunch from there, but I’ve given the place a second and a third chance and I think that’s as many chances as it’s getting from me.

Their salads are tasty, but are getting even more expensive than before. Portions have decreased, and they didn’t even bother to mix the salad properly this time – my boiled egg slices were still fused together at the bottom of the bowl. The pasta and grilled pumpkin used to be able to fill me up nicely, and I used to have feta cheese in nearly every mouthful, but now those ingredients are few and far between. The 2 additional ingredients (at $1.50 each if additional orders are placed) were a few measly slices of grilled eggplant and several small pieces of sundried tomato – and, naturally, did nothing to fill the emptiness in my tummy.

What amazed me more was how a new colleague came over after the lunch-time event to express how great the salad was. Apparently, he used to spend $15 or $16 on salads that weren’t as satisfying as this (about $10). Which made me wonder – how does anyone have the money to spend that much on food, and how can anyone like salads so much as to spend that amount of money on them? Their salads are rather tasty – and I do like eating vegetables – but until they increase their portions I don’t think I’m ever gonna purchase from them again.

 

*: They also have the most annoying website ever, which you can view here.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com