Saturday, May 26, 2012

My current (non)life

It’s been so long.

When the days have been full of rubbish and work has taken up all the you have, there comes a point where there’s nothing much to complain about because you’ve said it all before.

I was on the way to Penang for a brief break that had been booked months in advance – for which I am extremely grateful for, as without it I wouldn’t have lasted till now – and something happened. It hit me that everyone has been progressing in their lives and moving forward – that is, everyone but me. The past two years have been a strange sort of limbo in certain aspects of my life, and it’s really time to put an end to it.

It had also occurred to me that too much time that makes up my life is spent not living it – but I’m not sure how this can be remedied so long as I am here, in the place that I am now. I’m not sure whether a move will change things or make things better workwise (assuming I get a job in the first place), but I have to try.

Despite my personal convictions, there’s still a part of me that’s terrified about plunging into the deep unknown. It’s a big step and a huge change nonetheless – but it has to be done, for the pursuit of my own happiness.

So many things to put into action after all the thinking – just gotta find the time to do it before it’s too late.

1 comments:

Blank said...

Heya Joaanne,
Kinda stumbled on your page through facebook and after reading this post,i cant help but say you should just go for it.

Its better to live in the unknown than a life thats meaningless. Im in a simliar dilemma but I have already made plans for my next step in life with no big regrets.

Find your passion, and go for it. Hope that helps.

Cheers!

 
design by suckmylolly.com