Sunday, August 15, 2010

My new laptop

I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Y460 – it was in the papers and on a National Day promotion, so it’s really cheap at the moment at $1349. it also comes with a free 250GB portable HDD and a wireless mouse, so it’s quite a good deal although i have to collect these freebies myself from Sim Lim.

DSCF0227

i really like the white keyboard and orange trimming, although i’m not sure how long the keyboard will remain white. it’s very nice to type on too, and so much faster than my old laptop, making it a joy to use – the old one was Packard Bell and shit from the very beginning, so please don’t buy their laptops!

i encountered some problems with the installation of programmes – a few times the black screen of death appeared, which really freaked me out. the advice given from several sources was to run windows update and install all the newest patches and so on before installing any other personal programmes – why doesnt anyone tell computer idiots like me this kind of useful information? so far so good, although i’m keeping my fingers crossed.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com