Tuesday, October 12, 2010

litany of complaints

as if i havent already been moaning enough, here’s more.

citibank misled me when i signed up for my credit cards, promising me that i will be able to increase my credit limit with just a phonecall. turns out that you have to be with them for at least 6 months before that can be done, and there’s no way whatsoever to overcome the system. so much for signing up for a credit card to get extra credit. fat lot of use they are.

Oh – citibank also issued me 4 cards in total, but failed to distinguish which PIN they sent in the mail is for which card. so now i have to call them up again to check on this issue. lovely.

when i got my new phone, the staff at the singtel authorised dealer told me that they will help change my phoneline from my dad’s name to my name, that i will get free autoroam and a whole host of other benefits. turns out that they didn’t even do any of that for me, and that they’re not able to do so – transferring of accounts is only possible at Hello shops. So now there’s the added hassle of having to turn up at a Hello shop with my dad just so that we can do that transfer. And they didnt even have it on the system that my dad gets staff rate for mobile plans. Useless, useless people. i also got put on hold for more than 10min today while calling the charged Singtel hotline – the only way you can ask them queries. Unscrupulous bastards!

2.5 weeks into my job, and i’m still experiencing IT problems. the latest in a long list of issues is that i cant access the internet from my office laptop outside of work – which will be so utterly useful when i’m working overseas. there’re several IT helplines for various systems and i’ve only just figured out which to call for what issue; no such luck yet with the passwords and various log-in names i have. system overload! and all the time i’ve spent calling up for help on all these stupid IT problems – which really should be unnecessary – has to have added up to one full day of work LOST.

and it just occurred to me – less than 3 weeks in and already i think i have no life. MEH!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com