Friday, October 29, 2010

little thoughts and recollections

I'm on the way to work and actually have seats on the train! This is nothing short of a miracle, perhaps I should head to work at this time instead.

On the bus yesterday morning, this old lady was blasting old hokkien songs from her music device. Someone must have helped her set it up, cos after a while she started flipping through the tracks, rejecting a few beside settling on a noisy one with Chinese trumpets - and I'd thought it was just some tape recorder with speakers.

I was transiting in Hong Kong's airport the other day, and was rather impessed by the sheer number of luxury brand shops there were. I know Singapore boasts that we offer a great shopping experience in changi airport, but I'm not sure we can beat having at least 25 brand name shops. While I'm not in the least interested in those shops, many other people are, and that's what determines the quality of shopping in an airport rite? HK airport had a good sized Zara too, and their bookstore was very well stocked and a few times bigger than anything I've ever seen in Changi.

I have some pretty pictures of Guilin and hope to be able to put them up soon. Think the weekend will be spent doing that, catching up on my 3 week backlog of shows and sleeping loads. Perhaps also clearing all those unread emails containing news updates too - the nature of my work means I have to keep in touch with the going-ons, but the problem with that is news is being generated nonstop by so many parties. At least authors take time to write a book, so their fans can rest in between.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.1

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com