Friday, October 15, 2010

sink or swim

despite having travelled a lot in the past 2 years, i still haven’t gotten the hang of packing for trips quickly. i take forever, i plan what clothes to bring, i scramble around the house gathering all the stuff i need to take along with me. that i will be heading to places with different weather in the upcoming days means that i need to pack differently for the colder areas than the less cold ones; packing for cold weather is so much more of a pain.

so as usual, on the eve before my “Chinese immersion”, i’m slightly stressed from the packing and from the knowledge that there’re so many things i need to read for the trip – but havent done so yet. my brain hurts too and my eyes can’t stay open any longer; stayed longer than usual hours at the office today too.

i tell myself that things will get better once i’ve gained a little more experience, and i hope that will indeed be the case. i’m taking way too long to do simple things – the speed at which my colleague scrolled through the folders on our shared drive left me utterly impressed today!

there’re too many things i still don’t know, and i’m still a fair distance off before i get my writing style correct for those little “reports and suggestions”. so much for having taken pride in my writing skills! haha.

oh well. as one of my colleagues said, 船到桥头自然直。

頑張ります。

1 comments:

yy said...

me too, maybe it has to do with wanting to be prepared and perfectionism?

 
design by suckmylolly.com