Wednesday, March 30, 2011

eye makeup remover review

a very unimaginatively titled post, but i mainly wanted to say that Clinique’s rinse-off eye makeup solvent is a LOUSY eye makeup remover.

i use fairly heavy-duty mascara – Majorlica Majorca most times – and Clinique’s remover could hardly remove half of what I had on. I tried all the tricks: holding the cotton pad against my eye for 10 seconds, applying a little bit more pressure (which you’re not meant to do), etc, but they didn’t work. I’d even lost two eyelashes in the process!

Actually, today I had applied a few coats of Majorlica Majorca first and then Clinique’s lash power volumising mascara – so it seems like Clinique’s eye makeup remover can’t even remove its own brand of eye makeup.

MEGA FAIL.

For good eye makeup removers, I’d recommend these two instead: Kate eye makeup remover and Kanebo’s eye makeup remover. Actually both are under the same brand, although I don’t think the Kanebo one is available in Singapore.

                      1312548013163That’s a pity, as I think the Kanebo one is best. All I ever had to do was just wipe the cotton pad across my eyelids and voila – the mascara would come off really easily. For Kate, depending on how much mascara I have on (I usually have several coats), I might actually have to hold the cotton pad against my eyelid for a few seconds – but it’s still a very effective, easy to use eye makeup remover.

Those 2 are fabulous – I value ease of use very much in eye makeup removers and those two fit the bill perfectly. Try them if you get bored easily like I do from just counting to ten while waiting for lousier eye makeup removers to take effect.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com