Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Aerins @ Raffles City

I’d previously blogged about Aerin’s here, and I’m happy to announce that their Aerin’s Tagliatelle is just as tasty as I remembered it to be. Even better – they’d reduced its price to $17 from $22!

DSCF0668

The mushrooms are incredibly tasty and the cream isn’t too heavy as cream pastas can sometimes be. K described it as “very good cream” and I totally agree. They’re quite accommodating of making the dish vege-friendly too, by replacing the smoked salmon with more mushrooms and other vegetables they have on hand. I was quite impressed by the waiter who was able to ask us straight up – without having to check with the kitchen – if it’s ok for them to substitute asparagus etc for salmon.

I’d also recommend their martinis, which come at $20 for two glasses and I think $12 for one. We tried their raspberry martini, and I was quite happy to actually be able to taste the alcohol. I do turn red with minimal alcohol, but I’ve never gotten as red or as warm-faced with so little. Good value on the alcohol!

Their service can be slightly ‘off’ at times – especially this one particular staff whom i think is at least the head server, if not the manager/asst. manager – but all is forgiven for its lovely scrumptious Aerin’s Tagliatelle.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com