Sunday, March 13, 2011

Till I return..

I’d prefer to post something a little bit more uplifting before my hiatus behind the Firewall, but it’s hard to do so when all the news on Japan is so depressing. I’m feeling this way even though I’m so far away from where disaster struck; I can’t imagine how trying and difficult it must be for those in Japan itself, much less those who have been affected by the earthquake.

I draw attention to two links below. The first shows high resolution before and after pictures, and the other is an account of what it is to be one of those on the edges of the affected areas:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm

http://newpacificinstitute.org/jsw/?p=5291

I’m sure everyone has by now heard of Minamisanriku, the coastal town that was completely wiped out by the tsunami, with only its hospital left standing in sea of debri.

I wish I’d taken more pictures of beautiful Sendai when I was there.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com