Thursday, April 28, 2011

being a tourist

i'm not dead yet.

i've been busy being a tourist first in Singapore, then now in Malaysia, and soon to be in Singapore again.

things have been interesting so far, first with discovering a rooftop garden on Orchard Central:


then discovering that Malacca can be really pretty at night:


while Kuala Lumpur less charming:


so much to say about Malaysia, but will do that another time. Suffice to blog here that having 'rediscovered' Malacca - from when I was last there more than 15 years ago - and having finally been to KL, my curiosity is satiated and I won't be going across the Causeway for a long time to come.

3 comments:

Eunice said...

HI Joanne,

I just received news that I was selected for the JET program. I'm just wondering, is the 25,000 yen housing grant usually given to ALL jets? Or do different COs have different policies of giving housing grants?

jo~ said...

Hi Eunice,

I guess you probably didn't get my reply to your earlier comment, but once again, congrats! I'm not sure if the housing grant is given to all JETs, as some in the rural areas pay next to nothing for rent - USD100 per month for a 3 bedroom house with garden and garage. Most city JETs should get it though.

Eunice said...

Wow, ok, thanks lots!

 
design by suckmylolly.com