Saturday, April 9, 2011

random thoughts

i learned the other day how to say 斯文败类 in Hokkien. Some of my colleagues have rather powerful Hokkien, and they’re not that old – in their mid-thirties only.

*  *  *

Another colleague is quite hilarious. She’s this lady who’s older than my parents and been around forever. She dispenses interesting advice, like:

“I don’t know about you young people, but I don’t get excited when a new boss comes and he’s handsome. All I care about is whether he knows how to do work or not".”

“I don’t ever like to stand behind women with long hair. I hate it when their hair flies into my face, especially when some of them don’t wash their hair.”

*  *  *

Buses are nice. I snoozed on one all the way from Yio Chu Kang to Tampines just now – something you’d never get on the MRT which is always and forever crowded.

*  *  *

I read a passage today which said if one wanted to become a successful businessman, one should always sell things which one is neither fond of nor interested in. Only then will one be able to be objective and operate based on good business sense, rather than be guided by personal preferences. Going by that logic, the passage highlighted why jewellers are usually men who have absolutely no interest in jewellery whatsoever.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com