Saturday, April 2, 2011

Super cute pandas and Oji Zoo, Kobe

I’ll never forget the time when the boy and I went to Oji Zoo to see pandas, only to get a glimpse of a dirty panda rump and nothing much more. The rest of the zoo wasn’t too bad by Japanese standards*, but this was not:

神戸 202

the above offered a sharp contrast to evidence no-longer-existent long queues of panda-lovers hoping to get a glimpse of the furry animals:

神戸 204

anyway, I finally got to see some really cute panda action, though unfortunately not in person, thanks to this video on the Telegraph. the two pandas are sooo adorable.

Actually, I’m quite sure I’d posted photos from Oji Zoo somewhere. However I can’t find them on my previous blog, but well. Here’re some highlights (as usual they’re the boy’s pictures, not mine):

We saw this huge Saint Bernard just outside the zoo:

神戸 207

A look of such longing in his eyes.

神戸 001

神戸 008

神戸 022

 

神戸 056

 

 

神戸 084

 

*: I take that back – actually I think some of the animals were under stress, especially the really depressed-looking elephant :(

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com