Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Four-wheeled goals

My grand plan to take intensive driving lessons while I’m unemployed has been dashed by the realisation that I will need to apply for and obtain a provisional driving licence before any school will start giving me lessons.

The process will take about two weeks, cost me £50 and I will have to surrender my passport – again, and with my visa inside this time – to the authorities handling my application >.< I just hope they won’t lose my passport, like the Embassy staff did to one of my friend’s passport.

So much for keeping myself gainfully occupied as far as possible when unemployed. In that case, I probably should purchase a copy of the highway code and start preparing for the theory test, spend lots of time looking for a proper job, take on some part-time work, and offer my services for English <—> Mandarin/Japanese translation.

On the bright side, it should all be done in two weeks and I definitely don’t expect to find a job that quickly anyway. Gargh.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com