Saturday, January 5, 2013

When I was Thirteen

Was clearing some of my stuff when I unearthed a notebook containing journal entries which our Sec 1 literature teacher made us write.

It’s funny to discover that my tone hasn’t changed much since all those years ago. Granted, I was more affected and exaggerated, just like all teens are, but – if I may say so – the somewhat systematic thought progression, the dry tone and the sarcasm were all there! I actually think I was meaner then, as the scorn for things I didn’t care for or didn’t agree with was laid on fairly strongly at times, but the strength of opinion and the way I said things didn’t seem like those thoughts were written a full 14 years ago.

I suppose some things never change, and it’s a interesting reminder that I’ve been the way I am for many many years. Hopefully I’ve gotten smarter and will continue to gain in knowledge, insight and wisdom.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com